The White Memorial Conservation Center, an Environmental Education Center and Nature Museum, is located in the heart of the 4000-acre White Memorial Foundation in the hills of northwestern Connecticut.
In 1964 the Center was established in the former home of Alain White and his sister, May. Their vision and generosity led to the formation of the White Memorial Foundation in 1913. A non-profit tax exempt organization, the Center was incorporated to add the goal of Education to the Conservation, Research, and Recreation purposes for which the foundation was formed.
The Conservation Center operates a Nature Museum with exhibits focusing on the interpretation of local natural history, conservation, and ecology, as well as a Museum Nature Store. Dormitory and Classroom Facilities on the property extend the opportunities for visitors to interact with the natural world.
The outdoor arena includes the wildlife sanctuary maintained by the White Memorial Foundation. The Foundation today comprises 4000 acres of fields, water, and woodlands, trails, campgrounds, boating facilities, and special areas for large outdoor educational and recreational gatherings.
The entrance to The White Memorial Foundation and Conservation Center is located approximately 2 miles west of Litchfield, Connecticut, off Route 202 on Whitehall Road.
|ESPECIALLY FOR KIDS||EVENTS||MUSEUM NATURE STORE|
Children's and Group Programs